Human beings do not smile and laugh enough.
They also tend to dislike the dentist. How can you CHANGE THIS for the BETTER?
Dr. Nacho’s Patient Likability System
- Upon entering the room, “Hi Mille. Are you excited to be here today?!”
- Patient smiles and gives you cray cray look.
- Why not? We are going to have such a GREAT TIME *This confirms that the patient knows what is being done. Great tip for shared understanding.
- Do your dental thing.
- Well, Millie. I know you are disappointed it’s over, but don’t worry. We will see each other again in <6 months, 2 weeks, whenevs)
- Be a genuine and caring human being (which you are!)
What do you have planned for later today now that the fun part is over? (you smile, patient laughs)
- Say something nice about it. “Lunch at 10:32am the senior center sounds like fun!”
- Closer: Thank you for coming in today. I really appreciate it. Have fun at lunch!
The express version is 1-2-3-4-8! Try it and let me know how it goes, Dental Nacho-ers!
Your dentisting friend,
Paul “Dr. Nacho” Goodman