Help your patients, smile, laugh and like the trip to the dentist more
Human beings do not smile and laugh enough. They also tend to dislike the dentist. The good news is, we can change this! Because all it takes is one great experience, followed by another great experience and so forth and soon it is the new normal.
- Upon entering the room, “Hi Millie. Are you excited to be here today?!”
- Patient smiles and gives you cray-cray look.
- Why not? We are going to have such a GREAT TIME: putting in your new implant crown, fixing that broken filling, etc.
*This confirms that the patient knows what is being done. Great tip for shared understanding.
- Do your dental thing.
- Well, Millie. I know you are disappointed it’s over, but don’t worry. We will see each other again in: 6 months, 2 weeks, whenever
- Be a genuine and caring human being (which you are!)
What do you have planned for later today now that the fun part is over? (you smile, patient laughs)
- Say something nice about it. “Lunch at 10:32 am the senior center sounds like fun!”
- Closer: Thank you for coming in today. I really appreciate it. Have fun at lunch!
The express version is 1-2-3-4-8! Try it and let me know how it goes, Dental Nacho-ers!
Your dentisting friend,
Paul “Dr. Nacho” Goodman