Last modified: November 13, 2020
Rittenhouse Consulting, LLC d/b/a Dental Nachos (“Company” “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Within the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Company.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or (ii) any third party, including our affiliates, subsidiaries and customers, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address, telephone number, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including personal data and personal information. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes name, title, date of birth and gender, as well as photographs, audio or video recordings.
- Contact Data includes mailing/billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details, though this data may be collected directly by our third party payment processor through an application embedded in the Website in which case we will not have access to that Financial Data.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have used or purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you (or by your employer on your behalf), your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How We Collect This Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including: (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through the site; and (iii) from third parties, for example our business partners; each as described in greater detail below. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Types of content you view within the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you while you are logged into the Website. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, and to verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Website.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information or to maintain the security of the Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages or other portions of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information About You We May Receive from Third Parties
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources including:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks such as Google, Bing, Facebook and Instagram; and
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe.
- Identity and contact data from publicly available sources.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We, and our authorized third party service providers, may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it or other products or services which may be of interest to you.
- To analyze trends and conduct research about improving the Website.
- To correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in marketing efforts.
- To contact users for research, informational or marketing purposes.
- To learn about our users’ needs.
- To track traffic patterns and usage of the Website, including customizing our recommendations and promotions to you based on your information.
- To address information security and/or privacy practices control, network functioning, engineering, and troubleshooting issues. `
- To investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of law or agreements, and compliance with relevant applicable laws and legal process.
- To comply with law, or based on our good-faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law, or otherwise to disclose information to prevent fraud and reduce credit risks, to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the Website or the public.
- To process or engage in a sale of all or part of our business, or if we go through a reorganization or merger.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for processing credit cards, billing and collection.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you and to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. For more information about steps you can take to control how your information is used, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. (e.g. sharing payment information with our third party payment processors)
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking or un-checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking or un-checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in the bottom of our marketing emails. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving certain targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website found at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ or a successor site.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by (i) logging into the Sites and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences; (ii) by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you; or (iii) by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change certain elements of the personal information provided to Company by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. If you are a California resident, your CCPA rights are described below. If you have any questions about whether any of the following applies to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months, including the following:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you, as those categories are defined under the CCPA.
- The categories of sources from which that personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- If we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of personal information shared with each category of third-party recipient.
In addition to the rights described above, the CCPA requires disclosure of the categories of personal information collected and shared with our affiliates over the past 12 months. Those categories, as described by the CCPA, consist of the following:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your data.
- Other individual records such as phone number and caller ID, phone call metadata, or credit or debit card information that you provide to us. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with Company.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our services and what led you to our Website.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
If we have sold your personal information over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of personal information purchased by each category of third-party recipient.
IF YOU HAVE OPTED IN TO RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM OUR THIRD PARTY SPONSORS OR MARKETING AFFILIATES IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION, WHICH CONSISTS OF IDENTIFIERS SUCH AS YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS, COULD BE CONSIDERED A “SALE” OF YOUR INFORMATION UNDER THE CCPA. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY OPTED IN TO SUCH SHARING BUT WOULD NOW LIKE US TO STOP YOU CAN EMAIL US AT email@example.com OR FILL OUT OUR “DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION” FORM [https://dentalnachos.com/do-not-share-my-personal-information/].
If you are a California resident you have the right to request deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you, subject to limited exceptions: for example, we may retain personal information to complete a transaction with you, or we may retain information that would affect the privacy of others or interfere with legal requirements. If your deletion request is subject to an exception under the CCPA we may deny your deletion request.
To exercise the rights described above, you should send us written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Company address listed below. Please ensure that your request (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information; and (2) provides sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to your request. We may not be obligated or able to respond to requests that do not meet these criteria.
For your security we may require you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. There may be information we will not return in response to your access request, such as information that would affect the privacy of others or interfere with legal requirements. Similarly, there may be reasons why we cannot comply with your deletion request, such as the need to keep your personal information to fulfill a legal obligation.
Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to any complete and valid request within 30 days of receipt. There is no cost to submit a valid request although Company may require a fee if your request(s) are excessive, repetitive, or unreasonable. You will not be charged a fee, and your fee-bearing request will not be processed, without Company providing you with prior written notice.
Should you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, Company will not deny you any services, charge you different rates, or provide lesser quality services. However, in the future Company may elect to offer different tiers of services as allowed by applicable laws (including the CCPA) which may contain differing prices, rates, or levels of quality, which may be related to the value of personal information that we receive from you.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 1308 Spruce Street, 1F, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, and depending on your jurisdiction, you may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, which may include rights to the following:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we can neither guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website nor can we guarantee that such information will not become publicly available. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You can reduce these risks by using common-sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up-to-date antivirus software on your electronic devices.
Users Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you receive from the Website may be created on servers located in the United States, and all information you provide may be maintained on web servers and systems located within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States and other countries might not be the same as those in your country. By using the Website or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and to the facilities and servers we use, and to those with whom we may share your information.
email@example.com or write us at: 1308 Spruce Street, 1F, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Depending on where you reside you may have the right to make a compliant to your local supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns first so please contact us.