NDBC5: High Level Resin Mastery
This is a 2 CE credit General Dentistry / Corrective and Restorative Oral Health Procedures Course
- Learn the armamentarium and proper preparation techniques of a class 2 restoration
- Discuss basic matrixing options and briefly review the advantages/disadvantages of each
- Centripetal Buildup Technique
- Finishing and polishing protocols
- Communication with the laboratory – what information is needed for predictability
- Incorporating photography as part of laboratory prescriptions
- Ceramic options – what are the considerations?
- Treating the discolored dentition – treatment strategy and material selection
- Utilizing photography with routine high level dentistry
Meet Your Instructors
Dr. Matt Costa
Dr. Matt Costa is a practicing general dentist and owner in Quarryville, PA. Matt went straight to private practice after he graduated from Temple University School of Dentistry in 2008. He has taken countless hours of continuing education, with specific interest in Esthetic Restorative Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Endodontics, and Microscope-Enhanced Dentistry. Dr. Costa is on faculty at the Center for Esthetic Excellence in Chicago, where he teaches advanced restorative techniques utilizing composite resin. In the past, he has received honorariums from Cosmedent, Ivoclar, and SmileLine.
Dr. Arthur Volker
A New York native, Dr. Volker graduated from Columbia University’s School of Dental and Oral Surgery, and completed a General Practice Residency at the New York Hospital of Queens. He was an attending at Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hospital and Nursing Facility, and is in private practice in Sunnyside, New York. Dr. Volker has published articles and lectures internationally on topics such as direct composite, minimally invasive dentistry, and dental materials. He is a Key Opinion Leader for several dental manufacturers, and has been involved in the testing and development of dental products and materials.
Dr. Todd Fleischman
Dr. Todd Fleischman received his undergraduate education from NYU with a degree in psychology followed by his doctoral dental degree at Temple University. He completed a post-graduate AEGD residency program with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Dr. Fleischman is an advocate for continuing education and has studied numerous dental curriculums including SPEAR Education in Scottsdale, Arizona and the Kois Center in Seattle, Washington. Since September of 2010 he has run a fee-for-service, general dental practice in the Rittenhouse Square area of Center City Philadelphia focusing on comprehensive and cosmetic care.