The Class 4: The Foundation of Anterior Direct Resin Aesthetics
This will be an On demand Event, Sunday, February 28th at 12:00pm ET that will be held on Zoom.
- Translucency, opacity and opalescence: why all composite resin is not created equal.
- A simple, rapid, yet novel concept to make incisal edge shade and effects obvious and effortless. Opaque dentin shades: when and where to use them…and why.
- Simple, intuitive finishing protocols, which allow the operator to produce highly, polished restorations, which mimic natural enamel.
- The importance of line angles and height of contour.
- Creating tertiary anatomy such as perikymata and fracture lines. And much, much more.
Meet Your Instructor
Dr. Jason Smithson
Qualified at the Royal London Hospital in 1995; achieving a number of awards including The Constance Klein Memorial, The Stafford Millar, and The Malcolm Jenkins Scholarships, The American Association of Endodontics Prize and the Overall Award for Clinical Dentistry. After spending 3 years in oral surgery residency in London and a further year practicing restorative dentistry in London’s Harley Street Medical District, he relocated to Cornwall in the extreme southwest of England. Jason practices at Revitalise Dental Centre, Cornwall, UK where his main focus is microscope enhanced adhesive dentistry. His specific interest is direct composite resin artistry and minimally invasive all ceramic restorations.
He is a Post-Graduate Clinical Lecturer in both the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly and Plymouth Foundation Dental Practitioners Schemes. He has given hands on programs in the UK, Europe, Asia, Canada and USA on behalf of GC, Ivoclar, Kerr, Hereaus, Optident, Micerium, Carl Zeiss, Global, Velopex and Triodent. He is a UK “Opinion Leader” for Cosmedent, A European“Key Opinion Leader” for Kulzer and is a member of the European Restorative Advisory Board for GC Europe. Jason is Resident Faculty at The Centre for Esthetic Excellence, Chicago, USA. He is an Accredited International Trainer for Carl Zeiss Dental Academy.
Jason has achieved Diplomat Status in Restorative Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons (England). He is on the Editorial Board of The Russian Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and has published numerous articles on adhesive and aesthetic dentistry in both the UK and abroad. He is joint author of “Vertical Margin Finish Lines In Fixed Prosthodontics” (Elsvier, In print).