The Dental Amigos are Excited to Host Jason Smithson in Philadelphia!
Learn about the latest in technology and trends in cosmetic & restorative dentistry featuring resin.
At this event with The Dental Amigos & Jason Smithson, you will learn:
- When direct posterior composite resins are predictable and when they are not.
- Preparation design and a protocol to reduce the risk of voids, bond failure and sensitivity.
- How to implement modern high tech instrumentation such as particle abrasion and sonic activated preparation tips.
- Flowable composite as a liner: when, where and how? With supporting research.
- Photo-thermal polymerization: heating composite resin, the pros and cons.
- “C-Factor”: horizontal, vertical and oblique build-ups. Pulse activation protocols.
- How to assess the occlusal scheme preoperatively and accurately build up your restoration so that little if any occlusal adjustment is necessary.
- An overview of matrix systems: choosing the best for each situation.
- Discussion of a stratification technique using simplified instrumentation to achieve lifelike resin restorations, which require minimal finishing.
- Mono-, bi and polychromatic layering techniques. How to use tints to mimic nature and seamlessly blend the restoration with the surrounding tooth structure.
- Shade selection: demystify the science and use it as a practical everyday tool.
- Translucency, opacity and opalescence: why all composite resin is not created equal.
- A simple, rapid, yet novel concept to make incisal edge shade and effects obvious and effortless.
- How to quickly and inexpensively fabricate diagnostic mock-ups and palatal silicone indices to achieve precise incisal edge position.
- Preparation design and instrumentation to realize durable resin restorations, which have margins invisible to the human eye.
- Opaque dentin shades: when and where to use them…and why.
- Simple, intuitive finishing protocols, which allow the operator to produce highly, polished restorations, which mimic natural enamel.
- Handing class 3s, 4s and 5s…simple, easy and predictable.
- How to layer resin to create lifelike incisal halos and effects such as crack lines and opacities.
- A simple approach to the direct resin veneer: create masterpieces easily and predictably.
- Masking discolored teeth with direct resin.
- How to handle the peg lateral and microdont teeth.
- Functional smile design.
- How to handle complex cases such as discolored and misaligned teeth with direct resin in conjunction with simple short-term orthodontics and home whitening.
- A predictable approach to reconstruct worn broken down teeth creating functional occlusions with direct resin. To include increasing the vertical dimension and re-establishing anterior guidance.
Join Us in Philadelphia
Join Dr. Paul Goodman in person at The Union League of Philadelphia. Get exclusive access to Dr. Nacho and his Dental Nachos team.
Learn how to achieve outstanding results on a consistent basis.
Meet Your Instructors
Dr. Paul Goodman
While chief dental resident during his general practice residency and hospital fellowship at Albert Einstein Medical Center, Dr. Goodman received advanced training and also placed and restored 150 dental implants. He has been a faculty member for Hiossen Dental Implant Training Program for the past 10 years and has helped over 100 general dentists place their first dental implants. Additionally, he teaches dental residents at Albert Einstein Medical Center lecturing to dentists on placing and restoring implants.
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Goodman has been practicing dentistry for over 10 years and works with his brother in two locations in Mercer County, NJ. Dr. Goodman has purchased three dental practices and shares his personal experience with retiring dentists in managing the expectations of their patients and team members during the transition process. He is the founder of Rising Dentists Study Club and Rittenhouse Consulting, LLC – both in Philadelphia.
Dr. Jason Smithson
Qualified at the Royal London Hospital in 1995; achieving a number of awards including The Constance Klein Memorial, The Stafford Millar, and The Malcolm Jenkins Scholarships, The American Association of Endodontics Prize and the Overall Award for Clinical Dentistry. After spending 3 years in oral surgery residency in London and a further year practicing restorative dentistry in London’s Harley Street Medical District, he relocated to Cornwall in the extreme southwest of England. Jason practices at Revitalise Dental Centre, Cornwall, UK where his main focus is microscope enhanced adhesive dentistry. His specific interest is direct composite resin artistry and minimally invasive all ceramic restorations.
He is a Post-Graduate Clinical Lecturer in both the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly and Plymouth Foundation Dental Practitioners Schemes. He has given hands on programs in the UK, Europe, Asia, Canada and USA on behalf of GC, Ivoclar, Kerr, Hereaus, Optident, Micerium, Carl Zeiss, Global, Velopex and Triodent. He is a UK “Opinion Leader” for Cosmedent, A European“Key Opinion Leader” for Kulzer and is a member of the European Restorative Advisory Board for GC Europe. Jason is Resident Faculty at The Centre for Esthetic Excellence, Chicago, USA. He is an Accredited International Trainer for Carl Zeiss Dental Academy.
Jason has achieved Diplomat Status in Restorative Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons (England). He is on the Editorial Board of The Russian Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and has published numerous articles on adhesive and aesthetic dentistry in both the UK and abroad. He is joint author of “Vertical Margin Finish Lines In Fixed Prosthodontics” (Elsvier, In print).
Robert H. Montgomery, III
Rob founded his law firm, and has been serving the individualized legal and business needs of dentists, dental practices and dental service organizations, for over 20 years. Rob has worked on hundreds of dental deals, ranging from practice start-ups to complex practice acquisitions involving multistate practice locations.
Rob focuses his practice on the legal and business needs of his dental clients, advising on the formation of business entities, practice start-ups and lease negotiations, buy-ins, partnership agreements, practice acquisitions and sales, employment matters, forming and structuring dental service organizations, operational issues, financing, real estate sales and acquisitions, general corporate and business matters, as well as non-compete litigation, partnership litigation, real estate litigation and other general litigation. Rob practices primarily out of the firm’s Philadelphia office.
Rob regularly lectures to a variety of dental audiences, including dental associations, study groups, dental students, and residents. Rob is a frequent speaker for Ideal Practices, a highly regarded national dental practice start-up consulting firm.
The Union League of Philadelphia is located at 140 S Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Please note that there is a dress code for The Union League. You will get more information in a follow-up email.
Yes! You will receive 12 CE credit hours for your attendance. Please contact Donna at Donna@DentalNachos.com with any CE-related questions.
Yes! You will have the opportunity to network with all instructors, speakers and guests.